Have you developed a complex digital marketing strategy? Want to simplify it to generate better results in a shorter amount of time? When it comes to digital marketing, it can seem like an ocean of information that needs to be accounted for to generate the leads and results you’re looking for. Complex digital marketing strategies can be difficult for your team to follow, so it’s best to simplify it where you can so you can implement the changes needed in a fast and efficient way. The following is a guide on some of the top tips you can use to simplify your digital marketing strategy so you can see more leads and results from your efforts.
Regularly Analyse Your Competitors
To simplify your digital marketing strategy, you will need to analyse your competitors to generate and streamline your plan more effectively by offering what your competitors don’t.
You can analyse your competitors through a number of means including, but not limited to:
- Monitoring their domain.
- Monitoring the keywords they use.
- Reading their blog content and website content.
- Keeping track of sales pitches they use.
- Signing up to their email subscription service.
In doing this you will be able to:
- Create a marketing strategy that is better which overtakes their efforts.
- You’ll have insight into how your competitors market themselves so you can market yourself accordingly.
- You’ll have better understanding about your competition and what they have to offer.
- You’ll find out what makes one business more popular than another business.
Inbound Marketing Vs Interrupted Marketing
You may have come across both these terms when developing your digital marketing strategy. Inbound marketing is where businesses earn both website traffic and visitors through a number of different means. Inbound marketing helps to make your business more visible to your targeted audience while drawing positive attention to your business through your content strategy.
Interrupted marketing on the other hand is the ad that’s seen on the top right side of the screen when searching through popular search engines. Some social media platforms, like Facebook, also feature interrupted marketing strategies. Interrupted marketing does work, however it’s not as effective as what inbound marketing is. To help increase your overall inbound marketing efforts you will need to:
- Tell your audience about any achievements your business has received or is nominated for. Example: Best Web Design Company In Washington DC.
- Create and build reliable, informative and successful blogs which people want to come back to constantly.
- Use online profiles from social media sites and other websites to link back to your business’s website.
- Contribute useful and high quality content to a number of relevant websites.
- Publish previous positive reviews that customers have said about your business.
Build Great Content For Your Audience
In the field of digital marketing, it’s important that you have a strong content strategy that is targeted for your audience and for search engines. Generating, any old content isn’t going to get you the results you need. To generate the leads you’re after you’ll need to create engaging content along with SEO keyword optimized content that meets expectations of both your audience and popular search engines. By taking the time to plan and implement a proper content strategy, you will start to see an increase in revenue and profits. When planning your content strategy, you will need to consider the following:
- Keywords – Tools such as Google Keyword Planner are ideal for choosing targeted keywords that are relevant to your business. The keywords should incorporate long tail keywords (shaving kits for bearded men) and basic keywords (men’s shaving kits). Keywords should be placed within your content every 100-150 words. Incorporating keywords naturally within your document can help search engines find your article easier.
- Content Type – Before creating your content you will need to research your audience to see what content type they prefer. These days’ content can come in many forms including, but not limited to, email, infographics, blogs, articles, webinars, videos, social media comments and audio. The type you choose should reflect the form that’s preferred by your target audience.
- Voice Of Your Content – Another thing you need to consider is what tone of voice your content will be transcribed into. Different voice tones reflect different emotions. Some examples of voice tones include, but aren’t limited to, opinionated, expert, professional, and casual.
- Topic – The topic of your blog or article is also relevant to how successful it will be. When choosing topics, they need to answer a question your audience may be asking, or provide useful and entertaining information on a topic not many people would know much about. One example could be: How To Select Jewelery To Compliment Red Dresses.
Use Social Media
Social media is fast-tracking the way people interact with one another. Due to the popularity of social media, it’s no wonder many businesses are utilizing this marketing method to help generate more leads. To simplify your digital marketing plan, take advantage of what social media has to offer. To gain increased traffic back to your website using social media you will need to incorporate these few things into your marketing strategy:
- Create and post weekly comments that engage your audience through questions and answers.
- Share valuable content that would be useful to your readers with links back to your website.
- Place a link to your website on your social media profile page for your audience to easily see.
- Offer subscriptions through social media.
- Setup contests and competitions where they have to visit the website to enter.
- Add calls to action at the bottom of your comments or post where applicable. Some great ones include: Be Awesome, Join Your Exclusive Club, Yours Free etc.
Simplifying your digital marketing strategy can prove to be useful for any business. By creating a more effective marketing plan you will have the opportunity to see better results in a short amount of time. This in turn will lead to profit generation and increased revenue. So which part of your marketing plan have you altered?
Latest posts by Team MarketHub (see all)
- How to Boost Your SEO with Social Media - December 7, 2016
- Are You Sustainable? What Percent of Revenue Should You Spend on Marketing? - October 18, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Content Visibility on Twitter - September 22, 2016