In this post, we’re going to explore 3 very simple (but extremely effective) concepts that will help you generate more revenue on Twitter.
Let’s get started…
Decide on the persona you’re targeting
If you want Twitter to work for you, start by defining the right persona to target.
Your tweets must be catered to that one person who will always find them useful.
One example would be providing a solution to a problem or challenge that person is facing.
Now, here’s the difficult question: Should you risk limiting yourself by only focusing on one persona?
The answer is yes.
Twitter has approximately 340 million users and if you’re solving important problems for even a small percentage (say 0.5%), that comes out to 1,700,000 people.
Solving an important, specific problem for somebody increases the likelihood of that person actually buying from you.
Get serious with Twitter Analytics
Analytics and big data are like gold mines for Twitter marketing.
Fortunately, Twitter actually comes with a free analytics platform.
Learning the “ins and outs” of Twitter Analytics can drastically improve your results.
Here’s an example of the “Audiences insights” dashboard from Twitter analytics:
You can also filter the information with options such as:
- Your followers
- All Twitter users
- People (Twitter users) who engaged with your content
- Tailored audiences (which you need to manually select to track)
Listening to your audience
Listening on Twitter is all about understanding your audience.
You’ll be in a much better position to serve your customers (and prospective customers) if you understand their needs.
There are some very simple strategies you can use to ‘virtually listen’ to your potential customers such as:
- Using social media listening tools
- Monitoring a brand specific hashtag (for example #markethubio)
- Monitoring industry specific hashtags (such as #socialmedia, #smm, #Twitter, etc)
You can also follow your competitors and listen to how their customers are communicating with and about them.
What do you think?
How do you use Twitter to maximize revenue for your business?
Hit us up on Twitter at markethubio and let us know.
Latest posts by Team MarketHub (see all)
- How to Boost Your SEO with Social Media - December 7, 2016
- Are You Sustainable? What Percent of Revenue Should You Spend on Marketing? - October 18, 2016
- 6 Ways to Increase Content Visibility on Twitter - September 22, 2016